There is a never ending quest to find holly with berries for my Christmas Wreath. In the lead up to Christmas I can be seen scouring the hedgerows for evidence of berries. We do have a couple of holly hedges nearby but the council cut them back in the autumn so all the berries are cut off.
We used to troop off to the woods searching and come back empty handed. Until last year we found a bush on our doorstep that produced berries. So this year it was literally a minutes walk away, armed with scissors and plastic bag. I also cut some nice long lengths of ivy to weave around the wreath too.
I know it is only the third day of my mini series (a sort of JYC mini style) but I am enjoying it immensely. Knowing that I have plenty of time to make the pages, some gorgeous My Minds Eye papers and a supply of pre made bottle tops really help. Have you noticed the Dymo tape titles. I used the strips of paper on the bar code section of the papers and then either sanded or inked the letters to stand out. Another thrifty idea was using the packaging page that shows you all the designs in mini version that comes in the set of papers. I used a circle die to cut the paper and popped them inside my squidged bottletops.
Tomorrow gets a bit kitsch....