Tuesday 29 November 2011

Ripples and ribbons

I am trying to find some time to finish some projects in time for Christmas. So I started some new ones.....I know, what am I thinking? But when I saw this ribbon yarn scarf I couldn't resist having a go. Now I am not a great knitter though I am determined to get better at it this year. This scarf is actually quite easy and grows very fast. It's a basic knit pattern but using the ribbon yarn gives a lovely ripple effect. You can get the yarn in Hobbycraft and is called Can-can. There is a glitzy version with sparkles and Ideal world are selling a yarn set called Flamenco which is a two tone version.
To the readers who were interested in my photo of the Bacardi......it was for my tropical rum Christmas cake. It just so happened that I found out I quite liked the taste of it and had to buy a bottle for over Christmas....hic! Well it was on offer in Sainsburys so it would of been rude not to:)

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, you've reminded me, I still have a scarf I started last spring to finish :D Haha, wonder if I'll get time to have that done before it's summer and I don't need it!! Great scarf, love that yarn, that'll look brill when it's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fab Alana! It'll be perfect for wearing while you drink the Bacardi

    ReplyDelete