Saturday 5 November 2011

Great News.

Great news!!!

The new scrapbooking magazine, Scrap 365 is utterly fab.  I received mine today through the letterbox and wow!, so much inspiration and creativity in one place.  Whats more my scrapping cyber buddy Sian, from From High in the sky is on the design team and the first issue features a few of her wonderful projects. 

The magazine has come just in the nick of time to this household whose soul scrapper is hitting an all time creativity low.  After just returning from another residential trip I'm feeling pretty tired.  As much as I love my job sometimes (well pretty much all the time) it is exhausting and often frustrating.

Anyhow, a day of crafting is on the agenda but in the meanwhile here is my first Christmas card of the year....

Sissex Bambi folder embossed onto plain white cardstock, swiped with distress ink and Bambi glazed with sepia medium.

Not what I intended  but I like the finished result....quick and easy too.

10 comments:

  1. That card is wonderful, just a little unexpected and did I say wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. The ink on the embossing looks perfect. So happy to hear how much you like the magazine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab!! simple but lovely :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - sometimes that is the way to go when mojo is low!

    I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the magazine and again many thanks for the pictures. They made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Alana. Funny i blogged about Scrap 365 today too and sian as i got a lovely present in the post from her for commenting on my blog. Im a bit mojo less as Well at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and what a cute embossing folder :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card! Is it a Sizzex folder? I can't seem to find a link. I would love to do something similar for Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's some pretty embossing and a fab card. At least the first one is done ;)

    ReplyDelete