Wednesday 31 August 2011

Forgotten treasures...

As it seemed from your comments many of you liked the idea of adding postage stamps to my scrap booking layout.  So I set about making another holiday page with postage stamps on but was lacking in 'nice stamps'.  I recently remembered adding an Italian stamp to our 'charity stamp collection' and so asked Nigel if he knew where the collection was.....and he produced this.....


His old stamp collection from when he was a child.......I gasped in excitement and then opened the box...


Inside was this Ladybird book....good old ladybird...


Lots of little envelopes full of stamps, all sorted into categories....


He said I can use them however I want.  But what to do with them all?.....I couldn't bare to give them to charity....any thoughts?


9 comments:

  1. You need to visit Julie at Notes on Paper and check out all her stamp posts. She had some very nice file holders covered in colour coded stamps. And I agree you can't give them away now......that probably sounds mean as you were going to give them to charity.

    I love the little Ladybird book tucked inside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Have you thought of something like this http://www.folksy.com/items/889221-Stamp-Jewellery-Box?shop=yes ?

    You could make some tags using your stamps too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you do with all your stamps, I need to try and find my childhood collection, not sure if it still exists tho. I actually bought some stamps from a charity shop the other day with a project in mind, I plan to mount a few from specific countries where my friends have lived and frame them as a little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you could find something lovely to do with them, they are a keepsake from his childhood, its a shame to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pop across to Julie at Notes on paper...there's loads of inspiration on her blog for postage stamps. Let me know how you get on...i have tons to use up too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can almost hear the excitement in your voice in this blog post, how very very excitement. I think you'll have to run your own class of ideas with this many :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow how cool to find all those! Can't wait to see what you do with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! How exciting! And the Ladybird book is the icing on the cake. Yep, head over to Julie's. Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Ooh oooh fab stamp collection, definitely go & see Julie Kirk's Going Postal series on Notes on Paper.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete