Monday 29 August 2011

Lost for words...

Well almost.  When I first stepped up to this small, rocky plateau, 'awesome' was the word I first thought.  Just because there wasn't a word to explain the sheer beauty of the view.  Awesome, is not a word I would normally use, it's a bit Americanised for my taste.  Wow, stunning....you decide.  But really you can't appreciate the beauty from the photo, you have to be there. 


It was the first walk of the holiday and included two chairlift rides and a very steep climb.  But more about those experiences another day.


The red and blue lined pattern on the card stock reminded me of air mail envelopes which gave me the idea of adding used postage stamps as embellishments.  Unfortunately I did not have any Slovenian stamps (the postcards home have only just arrived), the nearest was Austria but in the end chose the stamps that most matched the colours in the photo and paper.  The little card on the left is one of the chairlift/summer toboggan passes.  


It feels like the summer is well and truly over now doesn't it? I have already packed my summer clothes away and now the wardrobe is full of plumbs, browns, navy and greens.....hmmm, love the autumn colours.  I must be one of a few that actually look forward to wearing opaque tights and getting out the woolly knits.....but then I don't have a tan to cover, factor 50 put paid to that:) 

The change in weather reminds us that the new term is fast approaching and unfortunately I will be back at school soon.  Not sure what the teen will be doing yet, plan B is still being sorted but a plan C is available in case of emergency.....


12 comments:

  1. That certainly is a WOW moment. Love the stamps on your layout and the way you included your lift pass. And I've just spotted the tiny camera - cute.

    It does feel very Autumnal today and I've begun to think about knitted woolly things.....oh and boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, awesome, either would do! It's a gorgeous layout with the stamps and that little camera

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo - I love how you have used the stamps, I haven't seen that before. The camera charm is also a lovely addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo look at all those stamps!! great use of them on your lovely layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that view in the photo is stunning, love the use of stamps on the LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do understand what you mean about the word awesome, but sometimes it really is the only word needed. Loving the stamps on your layout, it looks so so good. I'm not getting my winter clothes out just yet, I'm still living in hope lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree WOW!
    Good Luck with the teen - my two are off to college - I am back to school next week - i am ready :) I miss those cheeky kids( I work with all the naughty kids :))for some of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splendid view and lovely page - I really like those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a WOW moment, absolutely gorgeous photo and layout

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely LO! The little camera is so cute...and i love the background circle things going on....how did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsers! Golly gosh! Awesome! Speechless! Gobsmackingly stupendous!

    Yup, that view is pretty amazing :)
    And the layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great page and a fantastic photo...it is a WOW, love the LO and all the embellishments including the stamps - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete