Friday 25 January 2013

There's no stopping me now...

...I got the groove!

Yeah! Bring on the disco beats, I'm doing my thang! Celebrating my new found skill.

It's only taken me a year (on and off) to master crochet but I seem to have rounded the corner. I struggled for so long, I just couldn't decipher the patterns. Every project seemed out of my reach....then it just sort of clicked! It dawned on me just what the heck the crochet pattern designers were talking about it.

I just wish someone had written a fool proof book for beginners, explaining every last detail of crocheting....even the most obvious because really it wasn't obvious to me!

I still have a lot to learn and try but now I can look at a pattern and know what it means and whether I am capable of trying it.

My latest crochet offering is this rose (pattern from the Attic 24 blog here) which I plan to turn into a brooch. It was actually quite easy.....always is in hindsight. I still re did one of the leaves a couple of times though. So now looking to see what to do next, an excuse to buy more yarn I think.


9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I think YOU need to write a book on how you learnt it then, as for the life of me, it just isn't clicking for me yet. I'm so impressed by you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little rose. I learnt to crochet last year and it took me several goes to make a rose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Alana....I still haven't mastered the art of crochet tho my SIL makes some amazing things, and says they were really quick too :) I must learn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous! I'm going to have to grit my teeth and get on with it and learn now..because that rose is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that rose, I'm going to have to try that one.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool rose - I've made the bag from attic 24 which is lovely. You're be making all sorts now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh snap! I have been going through the very same thing until my friend gave me the link to girlybunches on youtube and I suddenly got it! I made my first flower yesterday from attic 24 and I couldn't be more thrilled. I just have to try the leaves, but I ran out of time :)

    Well done!

    Oh and I blogged about it yesterday on Sian's Storytelling Sunday if you want a peek.

    Well done again :D

    ReplyDelete