Saturday 19 January 2013

I survived....

 
 
Hello there, yes I'm back safely.  Lucky for us when we travelled the snow hadn't reached the West Country or Central London.  Flipping freezing in London though whilst Devon was almost tropical in comparison.
 
 
I took my crochet with me and that helped the 3 and half hour train journey go quicker and look.....
 
 
 
I finished a project I had started before Christmas.  I quite like it.  Obviously its for the slightly warmer weather.  The pattern was from the 'Geek Chic Crochet' book by Nicki Trench.  It's the first crochet book I have found that has clear diagrams that I can follow.
 
It was a nice feeling not having any other distractions or jobs to do.  I felt I could really get stuck into finishing it.  I'm always easily distracted at home.  There always seem to be something to do that is far more important than crafty time.
 
 
So I am back at school now and the snow has returned with revenge.  I must be getting old as I'm fed up with it after a day.  After a quick clear up at home (because my Mums coming round for dinner) I'm going to get my crochet hook out and try something a bit tricky...well for me it will be. 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I'd love to learn to crochet ... I'm going to really try this year. Glad you had a safe trip :) I must admit I LOVE the snow, but then I don't really need to travel anywhere, so really I can't say much lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finally got some snow here on Friday, but the ground was so wet it didn't stay.

    You have such a great eye for squeezing details into your photos. That first one especially has a very cool atmosphere about it.

    I'm glad to hear you are back home safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still not properly learnt to crochet...love your head band and my SIL made a beautiful hat with flowers on for her daughter.....I feel the need to learn. I hope you have a lovely day to day tho it looks like some snow might be headed your way.

    ReplyDelete