Tuesday 8 January 2013

Precious things...

 
Awww, my precious things...
 
I feel like I am auditioning for The League of Gentlemen but I don't own a corner shop....
 
But no, hold on a darn moment...I'm talking about my precious object for 'Show and Tell' time at Sian's 'Storytelling Sunday'.
 
Hmmmm, now what to show?  I have many a precious thing...precious in memories but not precious in value (the best sort I think).
 
How about a handmade Japanese style brooch made by a friend...
 
An Eternity ring that I waited an eternity for...
 
One of my sons first paintings of me...
 
It's so hard to choose..

How about my sewing box....originally my Mums, now updated with a lick of paint...It has stood in my Mums house since I was small, used often to sew a button, take up a hem or to even sew my wedding dress.  Lovely memories.

 
I keep all those unfinished sewing/woolly projects inside in the hope that I will pick them up and maybe finish them.

One day I will...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. A lovely place to keep them....but you better not let them get too comfortable in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect Alana - just exactly the kind of "precious" I was thinking of. And of course I'm loving the fact that you chose a sewing box too. There's a hint there that you have some other treasures to share - I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A precious box filled with precious unfinished treasures! I have way too many of those to fit in a single box...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we all have unfinished treasures that we 'hope' to one day finish :-) Your mum's box is a lovely place to house them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous sewing box - looks fascinating. I like the list of possibles too - glad to hear there are more to share later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my mum's sewing box too ... and it looks just like that :) .. what a lovely thing to call precious x

    ReplyDelete