Friday 6 August 2010

Just being us




The old mojo is not really working at the moment. I don't really know why, I desperately want to craft but keep coming up with excuses not to. When I do get my sorry a--e up to my desk I just seem to shift paper and stuff around and make a mess. So it was quite surprising to get this layout done. It was a bit of a first for me as I had no idea what I was going to do, no plan or image in my head. I was feeling brave and didn't shift the papers and embellishment around, lay them out before I stuck....I just seized the moment and randomly stuck stuff down.
Although it's not my best work I am still pretty happy with it. Especially the butterflies, glimmer misted, stamped and then crackle glazed. Oh a word of warning....distress inks bleed when covered with crackle glaze, but although you can't tell what the stamp was I like the result. For some reason the crackle glaze wanted to fall off when dried so a layer of glossy accents came to the rescue.
The layout didn't really have a story behind it but I liked the photos of hubby and I out on one of our walks and it set me thinking. While out walking, it's our time to relax, maybe share the odd in-joke but generally we don't feel the need to fill in the whole walk with conversation, being comfortable together....we are just being us.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! Look at your new photo! I really like the one of you and your husband too..you look very happy and relaxed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post sounds like me! I have loads of time to craft (school hols) but prefer to sit doing nothing, or surfing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Alana. Now hurry up and get your mojo back as your LOs are great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lovely, what great photos. S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know EXACTLY how you feel!! You did a great job on that LO even though you didn't have much mojo! Love it, especially since you didn't plan it, but just stuck things down. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's fabulous - I know what you mean about your mojo .... maybe it's taking a little holiday with mine LOL.

    ReplyDelete