Tuesday 17 August 2010

Avoidance

Hmmm, there are many things that I avoid......ironing, cleaning ink from my stamps and making phone calls being a few.  But I have never minded my photo being taken.  Most of us have a friend or relative who doesn't like their photo taken.  Why?.....I really don't know.  Maybe they are not very confident with their appearance or just have an uncanny knack of blinking when the shutter clicks.  Anyhow Robert was avoiding the camera (and it was the new red one) when I tried to practise my skills at photography and come to grips with all it's hi tech buttons.  But for all his avoidance I ended up with a series of natural photos of my lovely lad.

The layout included Studio Calico patterned paper and Banana Frog alphabet stamps embossed with Seafoam embossing powder.  I am loving the yellow and turquoise together and find a graphic style works well with bold pattens and male photos.  And I always thought I was a shabby chic girl.

6 comments:

  1. The stamped title looks great and I love the three black & white photos......and hands up I don't like my photo taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO. Don't much like having my photo taken - I'm sure I can't be as old as I look!!! S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How shocked was I when you told me you didn't clean your stamps?!!!!
    Beautiful LO Alana and those photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great photographs - love it so much more when teens especially are captured in their natural state *lol* rather than having been preened and posed by mums or grandmas :) You've put together the lo beautifully - I Love It!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous lo, and yes the mucking about shots are usually best as they are more natural. I have a few of my boys like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a fab layout Alana - I didn't know you were a Studio Calico fan!!

    I hate making phone calls as well

    ReplyDelete