Saturday 31 July 2010

Aqua Promarkers and gnashing cars!

I was lucky enough to win 40 Aqua Promarkers recently from a draw on the inspiring Kirsty Wisemans blog I was gobsmacked as it is the first time I have won anything since I was a child and my poster design won a road safety competition (and I stole the quote 'Watch out, watch out there is a car about' from the Humphrey milk marketing board adverts). But I wasn't going to point it out to the road safety competition organisers as I'm sure the picture I drew of a gnashing car swung it anyway!

On the 'In life's adventures...' tag I used shades of green and blue scribbled onto acrylic and then watered down and painted onto watercolour paper. I then tried stamping swirls and flourishes all over. This I did by dabbing the pens over the stamp and then misting with water. After adding an ATC size picture, quote and fibres I outlined the edge straight from the pen.
The 'Delight in the simple things' tag was coloured using the same technique as the first but the swirls were stamped using Stazon inks for a more pronounced design. This time to decorate it I used some scraps that I had been practising using clear UTEE with the fab 'Big and Juicy' ink pad and a Twinkling H2o painted butterfly.
So thanks Letraset and Kirsty for arranging the draw, I now feel redeemed of all guilt from my childhood misdemeanour's.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning the Promarkers! I love the first one - the butterfly and the colours are gorgeous. Love the clown girl in the second one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are really lovely :)
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done of the win :) and wow, haven't you put them to good use already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win, I have my Aqua Markers fro a while now and love them. Love these tags too. S xx

    ReplyDelete