Friday 20 March 2009

Where I said YES!





I received some new papers and embellishments recently from the Anna Griffin Sierra Collection.
They are full of natural earthy tones and couldn't wait to use them. This photo of a stone dog was taken at Kew Gardens is at least 10 years old, maybe more. It was originally taken in black and white with film on a manual camera (pre-digital). The journalling tells of Kew's special place in my heart, not just the wonderful gardens and architecture but it's where my hubby proposed to me some twenty plus years ago and I said YES! I will always remember him asking "If I was to ask you if you would marry me, what would you say?" To which I replied "Ask me to find out then".....knowing that i would say yes straight away (how cruel of me...he he).
As you can see I love using lots of patterns together and mostly only use plain card stock for journalling and maybe matting and layering. The felt ribbon was also in the set and the cream flowers fitted perfectly around the matted photo size I had chosen. I used a mix of different alpha
fonts, matching them together by using stazon ink (my fav. as lovely smell, quick drying and can stamp on anything), Adirondack dabber in Pool, red stardust pen and Glossy Accents.
So even 20 years on I'm finding photo's that have strong memories attached to them that I want to preserve as a scrapbook layout, which is nice as it's boring scrapping just about your children or holidays. The next layout.....children and holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment