Tuesday 19 April 2011

Colour Me Beautiful

.........as I was saying the other day,  I love bright, clashing colours, so here's a list of my favourites:

  • Pink and red
  • Red and turquoise
  • Green and blue
  • Orange and pink
  • Pink and green.
So there you are, not every one's cup of tea but it sure is mine.  These colours aren't just for layouts either.......I actually wear these colours......together! 




To celebrate all things colourful I made a layout using patterned paper from the Glitz range for the background and then pieces of my favourite most colourful scraps.  I rummaged through my bit box and came up with a cut out 'Joy' washing up liquid bottle, a felt flower and squashed bottle top.  




Seeing all these patterns and colours together really makes my heart skip with joy.   Sigh.....clashing heaven.

10 comments:

  1. Alana, I love the layout (don't those bright strips look gorgeous against that Glitz?) and I LOVE the hair - it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks Sian, the hair is all natural!!! It is a bit of a strange pose I'm holding,I was trying to show off my bright bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layout! I especially love the felt flower. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout - I'm with you about colour. If my kids ask what's my favourite colour I always say rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of your favourite colour combinations are mine too and from the tiny peek of your bracelet it would seem we have a love of bright colourful jewellery in common too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's fabulous, I'm so glad you also wear all the bright colours ... life is dull when its all dark and boring colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great subject for a layout, and i love all those colours together x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the LO and all the colours! You seem have a great talent for actually making clashing colours go well together! I was actually thinking about a project with red and teal, so we'll have to see how that pans out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a gorgeous layout, love the story of your love of colour too.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Alana. I love bold colours too - AND black and white! *Ü* TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete