Sunday 5 December 2010

Tradition


Traditions.....What Christmas traditions do you have?  One of ours is making sure that my sons Ist Christmas bauble goes onto the Christmas tree each year.  I made it myself and now it is on it's 15th year.  It reminds me of when I was little and we had the same tradition, though not a bauble but a little silver bell that apparently was from my Nan's sisters wedding cake.  Why it ended on the tree I don't know, but sometimes traditions just happen, with no real reason.  But it is still a memory from my past, one that we follow and I hope my son will follow.

I used a great technique for my layout that helps you use up lots of those scraps we crafters seem to keep.  Just choose the colours and place random rectangles or squares of paper around your photo, layering as you go.  It works for me.  The main paper was from K&Co, though not very christmassy, the pattern seemed to fit.  As the subject was about baubles.....and they go on Christmas trees (stay with me here) I die-cut a couple of sissix trees and glittered them with stickles. 

So now the project fits Day 3 of the Chicken Soup Challenge and Sian's 'Christmas Club'.  Don't know about either projects?  Then hit the link buttons and find out what your missing. 

10 comments:

  1. We have quite a few christmas tree decorations with a 'story'.....I think it's a lovely tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely story and thanks for the tip about using scraps as it is a great LO xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we have rather a lot of tradions at Christmas .. too many to mention LOL. Love your layout and it's subject, it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alana, that's such a lovely tradition to record and you've turned it into a wonderful layout too :) Thanks for Christmas Clubb-ing it! (Oh, and I think you might be right about the amount of stuff I have collected up. The loft floor is probably about to collapse lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous layout!! thanks for joining us for our 12 days of christmas on chicken soup!

    hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely tradition and a lovely bauble :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great LO, and I love the subtle PP you've used for the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true ~ sometimes traditions just happen without any rhyme or reason. I love the bauble you have for your son, a very sweet tradition. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, congratulations, I've just seen you've won on the chicken soup blog ... way to go Mrs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a lovely tradition, thanks for sharing
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete