Wednesday 29 September 2010

Getting Ahead


Well I am not usually this organised but here's my first Christmas cards for this year.  The cute stamp was by Penny Black, coloured using Promarkers.  I also used a couple of new dies by Marianne for the snowflakes and lace.  Although they cut perfectly on the Bigshot I found them difficult to get out of the die.  Also the embossing part did not emboss, maybe I need a tan mat?  Let me know if any of you have any ideas for these problems.  I used a Cosmo Cricket mini pad in the Mitten Weather range for the backgrounds. 

So three cards down, only forty or so to go!


6 comments:

  1. aww soo cute....love PB stamps esp the hedgies. Great cards too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for getting started. I always fel that the initial decision is the hardest 'Is it REALLY that close to Christmas?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Alana - love the colour combinations. I've been thinking about getting some of those dies but I have a bug so I don't know what works best in a bigshot but I think in the bug you usually need the tan mat for embossing with dies like spellbinders. Not much help am I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Show off! LOL.

    Great cards ... and I've been told that yes, you do have to have a tan mat! Looks like I need to get one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous cards, I wish I had the patience to sit & make the Christmas cards, I need to do it, but I find making cards hard for some reason.
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete