Tuesday 8 March 2011

Little Ted


I have been wanting to do a layout about Little Ted for ages and so when I saw two LOs recently one here and one in the Pagemaps 2 book, I decided it was time to have a photo shoot.


  He now belongs to my son but was once my husbands, so he is forty odd years old now.  Time hasn't been good to Little Ted, all that hugging has caused his seams to fray and his stuffing to come out.  I would really like to send him off to a bear hospital but he may cry if he was away on his own (and so may his present owner even though he is 15).  Now don't get me wrong I love Little Ted as much as his owners have......but he has another problem.......he smells.  Apparently it is only me that can smell him. 


I chose a blue dotty bazzil paper and aged it by dry brushing gesso over it, emphasising the embossed dots.  The same range of paper in beige was used for matting and the journalling and a few red embellishments brought it all together to give a shaker style to it.

6 comments:

  1. oh, that is so lovely, beautiful layout
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shaker style! I made a layout about my TedFred a couple of years ago, but I should have taken a modern photo of him like you have done - I used a photo from when I was little. It's time to revisit the idea, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet lo. Love the story behind it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww what a cute subject, I love the colours on your page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely LO and such a sweet subject to scrap, love the colour palette too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, a lovely memory for your son xx

    ReplyDelete